RETURNS, REFUNDS, AND CANCELLATIONS POLICY
Agreement to our legal terms
We are LONGBUSH COTTAGE LIMITED (‘Company‘, ‘we‘, ‘us‘, or ‘our‘), a company registered in New Zealand at 1023 Longbush Road, RD4, Masterton 5884. Our NZBN number is 9429050757848.
We operate the website longbushcottage.co.nz (the ‘Site‘), as well as any other related products and services that refer or link to the legal terms (the ‘Legal Terms‘) (collectively, the ‘Services‘).
Our full Legal Terms can be found at https://longbushcottage.co.nz/terms/
We provide garden visit hosting services, run events, and are the New Zealand national distributor for LAMS Glasshouses.
You are a customer (‘customer’, ‘customers’, ‘you’, ‘buyer’, or ‘purchaser’), an individual person, a group of people, or representing an incorporated or other entity authorised to transact with us.
You can contact us by phone at +64 21 162 9869, by email at email@example.com, or by mail at 1023 Longbush Road, RD4, Masterton 5884, New Zealand.
Agreement to our returns, refunds and cancellations policy
Thank you for your purchase. We hope you are happy with your purchase. However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a refund, store credit, or an exchange for other services.
This policy is an addendum to the aforementioned Legal Terms.
We provide the following services that can be returned:
Garden visits require pre-booking using the online booking system provided through the website at https://longbushcottage.co.nz/shop. We use WooCommerce to manage bookings, and this enables customers to manage their bookings online as follows:
- Book a garden visit
- Amend a garden visit
- Cancel a garden visit
We provide notifications to you,
- a booking confirmation email,
- a meeting/appointment invite, and
- a reminder 24 hours before the visit.
All notifications are sent to the email address you provide us and are automatically issued by the booking system,
If you wish to book, amend or cancel a booking, the following terms apply:
- Bookings must be booked using the online site booking system. If you don’t book online, we reserve all our rights to deny you entry to Longbush Cottage or to charge an inconvenience fee of up to 20% for processing the booking.
- If you arrive at Longbush Cottage without a booking, the front gates are closed, and you proceed onto the property, you do so at your own risk (‘AYOR’) and have no permission to be on our property.
- AYOR is trespass on private land (see Trespass Act 1980). You are not authorised on our private land without our permission; any damage caused by you is at your cost and will be recovered by us from you, and our insurance does not cover any injuries suffered by you.
- Bookings may be amended via the site booking system up to 48 hours before the visit.
- There is no charge to amend a booking; this includes changing the time (if an alternative slot is available on that day), adding or removing persons from your group, or changing the booking date.
- Bookings may be cancelled via the site booking system up to 72 hours before the visit at no cost unless otherwise specified in the booked service/product. To avoid doubt, any terms and conditions included in a product on the site that alter this term prevail.
- We reserve all our rights if you cancel a booking, and we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
- If you ‘no show’ for a booking that has been paid, we assume you do not wish to visit us and have changed your mind. Therefore, as per the Consumer Guarantees Act, we are not obligated to provide you with a refund, and we will not contact you.
- If you are a ‘no show’, we pass responsibility to you to contact us, and if you do contact us we will provide you with remedies as required by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
All returns (bookings, amendments, cancellations) should be initiated through the site booking system or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or via phone to Luke on 021 254 6481.
Unless otherwise stated, we use iTicket.co.nz for events. You are subject to iTicket’s terms and conditions, which can be read here: https://www.iticket.co.nz/home/terms-and-conditions
For the avoidance of doubt, iTicket’s terms and conditions prevail for event ticketing, and our terms for garden visits remain if not already covered by iTicket.
Plant sales are only provided to customers for collection from Longbush Cottage; we do not ship, post, or mail plants and cannot accept plant returns via post or mail due to the likelihood of the plant being damaged during transit.
All returns must be notified via email or phone within seven (7) days of the purchase date. All plants must be in new and kept condition (i.e. watered and undamaged).
We do not have to give a refund for returned plants if you have changed your mind about a purchase – so please choose carefully. If the plant you have bought is damaged or not in a kept condition at the time of purchase, we will provide a remedy as required by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
To return a plant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Luke on 021 254 6481. Once the return has been agreed (‘Return Agreement’), the plant should be returned to the following address within three (3) days from the Return Agreement date:
1023 Longbush Road
Glasshouses and accessories
Glasshouses and any accessories supplied in accordance with the buyer’s order can only be returned with our express approval – Longbush Cottage – and are generally considered account credits.
- Requests to return delivered goods must be submitted within 21 days from the date of supply.
- Where goods are accepted for credit, they must be delivered at the buyer’s expense into the seller’s store from when they were purchased in original condition and packaging.
- The buyer is responsible for arranging the glasshouse’s disassembly, packaging, and shipping to the storage location, including all associated costs.
- The seller reserves the right to levy a restocking fee against any returns they may agree to accept. Such fees may be up to 40% of the invoiced price and charged at our discretion.
The restocking fee provides for the subsequent storage of the glasshouse, the initial import and shipping charges and fees, and any other costs associated with advertising and selling the glasshouse to a new customer.
We do not have to give a refund for returned glasshouses if you have changed your mind about a purchase – so please choose carefully. If the glasshouse you bought is damaged at delivery, we will provide a remedy as required by the Consumer Guarantees Act.
To return a glasshouse, please email us at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (‘RMA’) number. After receiving an RMA number, we will contact you to advise of the storage location to which you will ship the glasshouse or accessories. Our support in returning the glasshouse is limited to third-party support only, i.e., we will provide support to our approved disassembler and our shipping company. We will give you details of who to contact as part of the RMA process.
After receiving your return request and, where applicable, inspecting the condition of your item, we will process your return, refund, credit, or exchange as set out in the returns section.
Please allow at least fourteen (14) days from receiving your item to process your return, refund, credit or exchange. Refunds may take 1-2 billing cycles to appear on your statement, depending on your payment method and our banking systems. We will notify you by email when your return has been processed.
Unless not covered by the previous terms and conditions, this part primarily provides our terms for cancellation of orders and purchases of glasshouses and any accessories. Glasshouses and accessories are manufactured to order in France and are imported to New Zealand by us.
If you cancel your order within fourteen (14) days of your first payment instalment, we will endeavour to cancel the production of your order. Any cancellation charges we incur will be on-charged to you at the current NZD/EUR exchange rate, plus a 10% convenience fee.
If you cancel your order after fourteen days and before the items are delivered, we will charge you for all expenses, including restocking fees. We advise you to discuss all your requirements with us directly before making a payment and commitment to purchase.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 20 October 2023